Monday, November 1, 2010

Memoir Mondays--Week 6

November?!?!?! How did that happen?! Only two months left of 2010...This year has flown...in one way; yet, in another, not so much.

This week's questions are:

How did you like being the oldest, youngest, or middle child? What were the advantages or disadvantages?

I am the middle child, "sandwiched" between two brothers. So, while I had the distinction of being the only girl...I also had the distinction of being in the middle.

My childish mind thought my older brother had an advantage, because he was the oldest and was able to do more than my younger brother and I. But my younger brother and I had an advantage, because we saw the mistakes our older brother made, and how much trouble some of those mistakes got him into...we knew we didn't want to make those same mistakes!

I thought my younger brother had the advantage, being "the baby." And I felt like, being the only girl, I had to do more of the housecleaning chores than my brothers did, and thought it was unfair! ;) In retrospect, I know that wasn't true....but my earliteen brain thought that anyway....

List all the costumes you have worn or characters you have been for Halloween.

Short list: none! We didn't "do" Halloween, trick or treating, or any of that...and neither do my kids....for Christian reasons.

One thing we did, as part of a club at church called Pathfinders, was we would go door to door to collect non-perishable foods (mostly canned goods). When we got back to the school, we would sort it, stack it into a huge pyramid, and take photos of all us kids in front of the "mountain." Then we would use that food to make food baskets, to take to needy families for Thanksgiving.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how we all think we're getting the short end of the deal as kids? Mine are that way now - the older two are convinced the younger two have it easier without acknowleding that they had it just as easy at that age. I know mine will look back and see that things were pretty equitable all round.

    I love the idea of collecting cans. We did do the UNICEF collection as kids right before Halloween. It's always nice to involve kids in giving back.

    Thanks for doing Memoir Monday with me - hope to see you again next week! :-)

    April

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!