Friday, November 5, 2010

Blog 30 Days of Diabetes--Day 5

“Friends & Family Friday”--Who in your family or circle of friends has diabetes?

First of all, my dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, probably nearly 20 years ago. I guess at that time, he began finding out how many of his family had diabetes....including his father, as well as my father's siblings, and I believe some of my cousins.

Then, nearly 7 years ago, my darling daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. That was when I began finding out how extensive the diabetes was in my family, on my dad's side. Shortly after my daughter was diagnosed, one of my cousin's children was also diagnosed with Type 1.

The husband of one my friends back in Florida has Type 1 Diabetes, and she herself had gestational diabetes with perhaps each of her pregnancies. I tried encouraging her to have her children participate in the TrialNet; not sure if she has.

One of my high school classmates has diabetes, I discovered after Jen was diagnosed.

The husband of another of my classmates has Type 1.

My younger brother's mother- and father-in-law both have/had diabetes. We lost his father-in-law about a year ago. My sister-in-law was diagnosed not too long ago with diabetes, herself.

My first husband's mother (my daughter's biological paternal grandmother) told us a year or so ago that she was diagnosed with Diabetes Type 1/2...  


Frankly, I have been being monitored for a few years now, myself, through the TrialNet. I have tested positive for 1-3 of the antibodies. It has been awhile since the last glucose test (over two years), but I have been wondering the past few months if I might not have diabetes now, since I seem to be exhibiting some of the symptoms.

So, you can see I have quite a list of people who personally touch my life, who are challenged with Diabetes themselves.

Praying for a cure!! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!