Saturday, November 13, 2010

Me: Through the Eyes of My Kids

A friend of mine posted this list on her blog. I thought the answers were priceless, and I wanted to see what answers my kids would come up with about me. I've posted their responses by order of their ages: Tim is 19; Jen is 17; Daniel is 10 (almost 11); Steven is 8.

What is something mom always says to you? (I guess I must tell them often enough that I love them!! ;) )
T: I love you.
J: I love you.
D: I love you.
S: No

What makes mom happy?
T: When I do stuff without being told.
J: Her kids.
D: When we do stuff the right way, and obey.
S: When I say, I love you.

What makes mom sad?
T: When we siblings start fighting.
J: The kind of music we listen to.
D: When we don’t obey.
S: Movies

What makes mom laugh?
T: Mr. John (step dad)
J: Steven.
D: Telling a funny joke.
S: Things that are funny.

What was your mom like as a child? (I guess I need to tell them more stories from my childhood!!)
T: I don’t know.
J: I don’t know.
D: I don’t know; I wasn’t alive then!
S: A kid.

How old is your mom?
T: 48?
J: 48, I think.
D: 48.
S: 20 years old.

How tall is your mom?
T: about 5’3” or 5’4”
J: 5’3”
D: 5’3”
S: 3'

What is her favorite thing to do?
T: Scrapbooking
J: Stuff on the computer.
D: Being on the computer.
S: Watch movies.

What does your mom do when you’re not around? (Relax!!)
T: I have no idea!
J: I have no clue.
D: I don’t know.
S: Be bored.

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
T: Poetry
J: Doing poetry.
D: Being nice to people.
S: I don’t know.

What is your mom really good at?
T: Being a mom.
J: Being a mom.
D: Mommy’s good at everything, that I know of.
S: Folding clothes.

What is your mom not very good at?
T: Beating me up!
J: I can’t think of anything she isn’t good at.
D: I don’t know.
S: Not being a good mom.

What does your mom do for a job?
T: Nothing right now….well, 24/7 mom
J: Homeschool teacher.
D: Take care of us kids.
S: Taking care of me.

What is your mom’s favorite food? (Enchiladas, kids!! Remember? you all are my enchilada babies, my big craving while pregnant with each of you!!)
T: Homemade mac & cheese; special k roast
J: Eggplant parmesan
D: Salad.
S: Tortillas

What makes you proud of your mom?
T: She’s my mom
J: That she is the best mom in the whole world.
D: When she cooks good food.
S: Happy

If your mom were a tv character, who would she be?
T: Annie Camden on 7th Heaven
J: Ma Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie
D: Annie Camden on 7th Heaven
S: Clifford

What do you and your mom do together?
T: Cook
J: Watch TV
D: Read books.
S: Math

How are you and your mom the same?
T: We sometimes think alike
J: We both like eggplant parmesan
D: We both like nature.
S: We both like giving hugs.

How are you and your mom different?
T: I’m tall; she’s short.
J: She likes giving hugs, and I don’t.
D: She likes CSI and I don’t.
S: My eyes are blue, her eyes are gray.

How do you know your mom loves you?
T: By cooking good food.
J: Because she says so.
D: Because she cares for us.
S: By giving me hugs.

What does your mom like most about your step dad?
T: He’s goofy.
J: That he cares for all of us.
D: That he’s nice, funny, and he’s right most of the time. (At least I am smart enough to LET hubby think he's right most of the time!! ;) )
S: Being his wife.

Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? (Florida, the beach, or the mountains!)
T: Florida
J: Visit Grandma and Grandpa.
D: To the beach.
S: Tortilla Soup Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!