Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Memoir Mondays--Week 3

Our internet has been acting up here at our house; it has made it impossible to do online schoolwork activities, or blogging, or anything!! We are majorly displeased with AT&T right about now!! :p Anyway, that makes me late for this post today.

Our first question this week:  

Did you have a favorite blanket or toy? Tell about it.

One Easter, when I was probably about six or seven, my mother gave me a stuffed golden velveteen hen that she had hand made for me. Olga became my constant companion for years! She became so worn; Mom had to replace her eyes and comb. In fact, I loved her so much, I made one from the same pattern for my daughter when she was little.

Currently she is tucked away in a box, for safe keeping. When I have a chance, I will find her, and at least take a photo to share with you here.

Second question:

Did you have a favorite subject in school? One you dreaded?

I don't know if I can really say I had a favorite subject. I enjoyed school, all the way around; I enjoyed learning....and still do. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy homeschooling my children! And my greatest desire is to instill that love of learning in my kids.

I guess, if I had to choose one subject, though, I'd have to say I enjoyed the language arts the most. Reading was my favorite past time. It seems I was always reading a book (I usually read through Laura Ingalls Wilder's books, the whole set, at least one time a year!). Creative writing was almost a passion for me. I began writing poems in about third grade. Spelling came easy for me, too.

Another of my favorite subjects was biology, as was Algebra, much to my surprise! But I had the same teacher for both subjects, and he was one of my most favorite teachers.

My most dreaded subject was math!  That is why it was surprising that I liked Algebra so much! ;-) Sadly, I have passed on that dread of math to my children! Poor kids!


**************************
Please stay tuned for more episodes of Memoir Mondays!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!