Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello world!

One of my recent favorite movies is "Julie and Julia." I find it especially appealing, since it combines two things I enjoy doing: cooking and blogging.

I enjoy finding new recipes, and trying them out, especially if they are vegetarian or vegan. Also, because of various health issues in our family, I am always on the look out for dishes that a majority of us can eat, or ones that those with the health issues are actually able to eat.

My daughter has Type 1 Diabetes. Before she was diagnosed with diabetes, though, she was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (later, the medical professionals rescinded that diagnosis). My daughter and I are vegetarian. My husband, stepdaughter, and sons are not vegetarian. My husband has GERD, and cannot eat anything acidic; is lactose intolerant (as am I); and of the fruits and vegetables that he could physically tolerate, he likes very few. It is a real challenge cooking for him!!

We also have a garden and a little herb garden which we are trying to grow....my first Southern garden. I am trying to learn what can and cannot tolerate the heat here in southwest Mississippi, as compared to north central Montana.

Welcome to my kitchen, my "lab" of trial and error. Thank you for joining our journey! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!