Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wrens

Wrens are amazing little creatures. They seem willing and able to build their nests anywhere. Sometimes, it seems, the closer to humans they can build their nests, the better!!

We have a pair that have built a nest in our topsy turvey tomato planter!!


We walk by it dozens of times a day. They don't seem too overly concerned. My daughter even lifts the lid, carefully, to see the eggs in the nest. I think it is less disturbing to look in through the side, since it is so worn and damaged anyway! 

This is what we see in the planter:


Yesterday, I noticed the parents carrying food into the nest, so we know the babies have hatched now. I tried to get a photo, but nothing was visible in the picture. Later in the day, I peeked in, and could barely make out the tiny face of the mama bird, looking back at me. Pretty much all you can see are the pale stripes along the cheeks, and the white circles around the eyes!

I am reminded of the verse: "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:6,7, KJV.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!