Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We Remember.......

This is one of those days that we will never forget--always remember. I am sure we will always remember exactly what we were doing, where we were, and even the emotions of disbelief, shock, then anger, we felt that day.

We lived in Montana at that time. It was a beautiful Montana Indian Summer morning, with clear blue skies. We were just fixing breakfast, when my mother called to tell me that airplanes had crashed into the Twin Towers. Immediately we turned on the radio, just in time to hear them saying that the first tower had fallen.

I said to my husband, "Did they just say what I think they said? Did they say that one of the Twin Towers had fallen?" It was simply too incomprehensible!!!--And we listened to the radio the rest of the day, as the rest of the events of that day unfolded.

Because we didn't have a TV, we didn't have the visual images, that were played and replayed that day. I guess it was a greater impact for us a year later, when there were videos available, and we were able to watch them.

I will never forget how empty the skies were for days afterward. It was almost eerie. The big blue sky of Montana, totally empty of jet trails.

And today we remembered again, those horrifying events of 6 years ago. Six years?? Can it really be that long ago? It seems more like yesterday. But we remembered, with flags flying half mast today. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!