Saturday, December 19, 2015

G is for Gateway {100 Themes, link up}


*This post will serve two purposes: Blogging Through the Alphabet, and 100 Themes.*

I guess the purpose of this post is to possibly tie "gateway" and "graduation" together in some form. I've been thinking about graduation, because in the Homeschooling High School Blog Hop, that is our topic for this month.

I won't go in to that right now; you'll have to come back on the 30th for that. <grin> But I'll talk a little about that gateway.

One of my favorite online resources is BibleGateway. I use it often, to look up passages, to do some of my Bible reading (because the font is larger than in my large print Bible), and it's handy if I want to copy and paste Bible verses in to my blog post or something like that.

I just learned that "gateway" is mentioned several times throughout Ezekiel, chapters 40-47, as well as a couple other places (in the New King James Version).

There is also this reference: And it came to pass in the eleventh year, on the first day of the month, that the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, because Tyre has said against Jerusalem, ‘Aha! She is broken who was the gateway of the peoples; now she is turned over to me; I shall be filled; she is laid waste.’ Ezekiel 26:1,2, NKJV. But God's response was: ‘Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against you, as the sea causes its waves to come up.  And they shall destroy the walls of Tyre and break down her towers; I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock.  It shall be a place for spreading nets in the midst of the sea, for I have spoken,’ says the Lord God; ‘it shall become plunder for the nations.  Also her daughter villages which are in the fields shall be slain by the sword. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.’ Ezekiel 26:3-6, NKJV.

Aren't we, as parents, protective of our children, as God is of His children (us)? Only, He is even more so.

We homeschool parents teach our children, prepare them for life, both here on earth, and for eternity. Those of us who homeschool through the high school years, then face that graduation day, that gateway, to their futures independent of us. They begin college, or jobs. They move out on their own. Eventually they may marry, and have homes and families of their own.

As they pass through that gateway, all we can do is pray, and be there for them if they need us. And continue to love them with all our hearts!

Blogging Through the Alphabet” style=

Blogging Through the Alphabet

100 Themes link up:



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I need to start thinking about our oldest daughter's graduation soon. She's certainly excited about that gateway and perhaps more importantly, her plans for next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!