Thursday, May 8, 2014

A is for Adventure; B is for Breathe

Another round of Blogging Through the Alphabet has begun, hosted again by Ben and Me. I was out of town last week, so missed posting the letter "A," which is why I will combine it with "B" this week.

A is for Adventures

One month ago today, on April 8, my firstborn moved out, to begin some new life adventures of his own. It happened quite suddenly; I found myself unprepared.

Oh, yes; I knew for years the day would come. I'd tried for years to prepare my heart. Frankly, when it comes right down to it, your heart is never truly prepared.

He moved in with some coworkers, in a town only 9 miles away. He still has his job here in this town. So, we can see him occasionally at least!

The following Sunday, my second born, the younger two boys, and I, headed for Florida. We loaded up as much of Jen's stuff as we could, along with two of her cats. We actually made pretty good time that trip! Only 12 hours total.
My folks needed someone to house sit for them while they went to Wisconsin, for a week at The Rushes, and then to attend my dad's 60th high school class reunion at Wisconsin Academy.

I was fine, as long as I didn't think about the day we would have to leave to come back to Mississippi...because we were leaving Jen behind.

Yes, my second born is also off on new adventures of her own now. I covet your prayers for her, as she searches for a job.

B is for Breathe

Now I am left with learning how to breathe, wondering how long before I don't feel like crying every day, because I miss them so.

How thankful I am to still have the younger two at home! We've spent this week rearranging the house, kind of like a fruit-basket upset. The other night, the boys each slept in their own rooms, the first time in their lives they've each had a room of his own. They'll get used to it.

In the mean time, I will take strength in God's word, His promises:

Thus saith God the Lord, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: “I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee…” Isaiah 42:5,6, KJV.

“Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.” Psalm 150:6, KJV.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11, NIV.

Blogging Through the Alphabet
Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!