Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TOS Review: Go Trybe

Did you know, statistics show that nearly 1 in 3 children and teens in the U. S. is overweight or obese? Do you know why this is? Yeah, too much TV, computer time, and video game playing! And our "fast food" lifestyle doesn't help much, either, does it?

Currently we live in the state that ranks number one for obesity, and for diabetes! I can see why! ;) Diet, yes; but most of the year, it is too hot and humid to want to get outside to do any exercising: walking, jogging, bicycling....or even just gardening, yard work.

When we were given the opportunity to use and review Go Trybe, I was excited with the prospect. It is an online fitness program for children, elementary through high school. They strive to provide quality health education material that can supplement your curriculum in the areas of fitness, nutrition, motivation and wellness.



Go Trybe is partnered with the USDA's MyPyramid Corporate Challenge and is an advocate for the National Physical Activity Guidelines. They provide fitness videos, as well as nutrition and wellness information, followed by a brief quiz.

There are three levels: Zoodoos, grades K-5; Trybe180, grades 6-8; and NexTrybe, high school. Since I have three children, each fitting into one of these levels, we were able to try out all three. Personally, I found the elementary level to best fit my abilities! Yep, just shows how out-of-shape I am!!


Botanist Boy enjoyed the workouts that included "kickboxing moves"--That's just the kind of boy he is! ;) Teen Girl seemed to enjoy workouts geared more for her age level; I found them a little too strenuous for me, and for Little Bit. He and I enjoyed the ZooDoos level most.



You can check it out for yourself, with a one day trial. The cost of a free trial account, using the GETFIT promotional code is, of course, free. :) If you decide to continue using GoTrybe after the free trial period, the cost of a one year membership is $19.95 (regularly $39.95), using the GETFIT code.

I believe it would be a great addition to any homeschool regime! I'm pretty sure we will be renewing our membership when our trial period is completed...

Contact information:

Website: www.gotrybe.com

PO Box 1853
Johnson City, TN 37605-1853

Phone: 1-888-mytrybe

Email: info@gotrybe.com

To read what my fellow Crew mates have to say about GoTrybe, click the banner below.



*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!