Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our Journey Began

Our journey began in January, 2004. It is hard to believe we are quickly approaching 4 years of being on this roller coaster!

Jennifer had been sick for a few days--vomitting, not able to keep even water down. I was growing concerned that she was getting dehydrated! We took her in to the ER in the tiny town in which we lived. They checked her urine, discovered she was kicking out ketones. They checked her blood sugar; it was over 500! Then they stuck her in an ambulance and sent her to a larger town, 60 miles away.

I will never forget how she looked! She looked at me, but it was like she didn't know who I was, where she was, maybe even who she was!! Her eyes were huge and sunken, her skin greyish. She was one sick little girl!!

We spent the next 5 days in the hospital together, she and I, taking a crash course in diabetes care. It was a challenge, since I had 3 boys to care for as well. My little guy was only a year and a half, and still nursing!

Thus we began the ups and downs..........

The Emotions at the Beginning
Continuing Journey
The Nightmare



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!