Friday, June 29, 2018

My "baby" is SIXTEEN!!

This week began our summer birthday season. It is an incredulous idea that my youngest is now 16. How did that happen so quickly?

The week didn't go quite as I'd hoped. I wanted to be able to do several fun activities with him, but it just didn't happen. He didn't seem all that interested, so I didn't push it.
He did seem to pleased to receive these seasons of NCIS: Los Angeles, from his sister and me.
The Marion Theater in Ocala has $2 movies in the mornings during the summer. So Jen took him to see Jurassic Park on his birthday. (I couldn't go, because the vehicle we are currently driving has no AC, and the windows can't roll up and down. It just gets too hot in that vehicle; the intense heat makes me ill)
I think he enjoyed it.
For that $2, not only do you get to see a movie, but you get a small popcorn and a drink.
We gathered together at Olive Garden for his birthday dinner, which included the grandparents, and Tim with his fiance.

Grandma and Grandpa gave him a musical birthday card.
I had the build your own lasagna: five cheese marinara sauce and the garden veggies.
Jen had build your own pasta: linguine, maybe alfredo sauce, and garden veggies.
The birthday boy chose the baked ziti.
And of course, you can't forget the salad and the breadsticks! Birthday boy also got a free dessert.

It was an enjoyable evening. It's always a highlight when I have my kids together...but we were missing one. I'm still not used to not having him around!
My middle son posted this on his Instagram feed, telling his little brother happy birthday, along with a couple stunning photos he'd taken last fall.
 Those eyes!
My youngest has gone from tiny baby, to towering over me. And it seems like it happened in the blink of an eye.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12.



To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Privacy policy: we do not share your information except to send you emails when new posts occur on the blog.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!