Friday, September 11, 2015

Random 5 on Friday, September 11


1. Today we are remembering the families of those who lost loved ones on 9/11/2001


2. I've been watching the news, and watching the refugees pouring in to Europe really moves my heart.
 
I am thankful for organizations like Adventist Development and Relief Agency, who have people there, helping physically with the relief right now.

3. This year, my boys are leaning about our ancestry. We are using Write Your Roots. Frankly, I think I'm enjoying it more than they are. I've been spending some late nights discovering and filling in family trees. Thanks to one of my aunts, we have one branch of the family traced back to England, about 1650.

4. We are full in to hummingbird migration! My feeder is swarming with these tiny feathered friends. We are going through lots of sugar to help fill them up and prepare them for the rest of their journey south. They are pretty feisty little buggers!

5. "Through the right exercise of the will, an entire change may be made in your life. By yielding up your will to Christ, you ally yourself with the power that is above all principalities and powers. You will have strength from above to hold you steadfast, and thus through constant surrender to God you will be enabled to live the new life, even the life of faith." Steps to Christ, p. 48.
 
May you have a blessed Sabbath day tomorrow.
"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." Genesis 2:1-3.
 


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!