Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chewy Peanut-Butter Cookies {try a new recipe}

 Ingredients:
1 cup soft margarine (I use Earth Balance)
2 cups sugar (or 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I prefer using the old fashioned peanut butter)
2 1/2 cups flour (we use freshly milled whole wheat)

Cream margarine, sugar, salt, and eggs. Add peanut butter and cream well. Add flour and mix well.

Make balls the size of a walnut, and flatten on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press a crissscross design on each cookie with a fork.

Bake at 350 F about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before removing from pan. These cookies keep well if stored covered. 
I hope you enjoy them! (Recipe adapted from the Better Meals for Less cookbook)

 

To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This look SO good! My kids and I are looking forward to trying them. :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2015/10/try-new-recipe-tuesday-october-6.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!