Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July Blogging Challenge, Day 21

Family fun time.

Today my daughter celebrates her 22nd birthday. I love my beautiful girl, and I am so proud of the young lady she has become. I am thankful I get to be here, to celebrate with her.

She has been at her job at McDonald's for over a year now. This week is her first-ever paid vacation. She is pretty excited about that! She is doing well at her job, and seems to be well liked (but we all knew that'd happen. What's not to love about my girl?!). A couple weeks or so ago, she caught a counterfeit $20.00 bill come through. She received a commendation from the store manager and owner! And a 10 cent pay raise. And a free meal. :-)

So, what did we do to celebrate her birthday? Well, this week, my folks are involved with volunteering with FreeD.O.M. Clinic. So we made other plans. We went with our friends (M and J are the boys' best friends, and their mom is my close friend), to see a movie downtown, at a restored theater. The movie was Lion King. Cost: $2.00 per person, which included small popcorn and drink.

I wish I had taken more pictures inside the theater. It was really pretty cool! It'd be fun to go again sometime.

After the movie, we made a stop at Starbuck's, just around the corner from the theater. Then we went to our friends' house, to just hang out. They have a pool, but none of the kids went swimming this time.

To further celebrate Jen's birthday, we will be going out with my folks to our favorite restaurant at the end of the week, when Mom and Dad are finished with the FreeD.O.M. Clinic.

What are some of your family fun times this summer?




To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont, or like Life at Rossmont on Facebook.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!