Friday, January 9, 2015

Random 5 on Friday, January 9

1. Sunday my husband got a call from his siblings, that his mother was in the hospital, and it looked pretty serious. So we packed a change of clothes (in case we had to stay a night or two) and headed up to the hospital. We did stay overnight. Spent a lot of time in the waiting room. The boys and I got to see Mamaw R once, briefly; but hubby was in more times, fortunately.

2. Monday was my birthday! Yeah, most of it was spent in the hospital waiting room, but the boys and I did get to spend an hour or so at a (relatively) nearby park.

3. Wednesday evening my guys took me out for my birthday supper. We learned that the food is better at that restaurant on the weekends rather than on weeknights!

4. We've had some bitterly cold weather this week...Yes, I realize that is a relative term! For our little corner of the country, it was frigid, with humidity and wind added to the below-freezing temps.
5. Today the boys and I made a new batch of laundry detergent, and our first attempt at dishwasher tabs. The dishwasher tabs have to sit for 24 hours, so I don't know how they'll turn out yet. I'll let you know, later. Have you ever made your own detergents or household cleaning supplies? Please share.

The Pebble Pond


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your Mother In Law. I hope she is doing better. Happy Belated Birthday! The park that you went to looks like it was fun. Glad you enjoyed your Birthday dinner. I have made my own laundry soap before and my own all purpose spray cleaner. I loved it as it saved so much money.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!