Friday, January 23, 2015

Random 5 on Friday, January 23

1.This week, I read this beautiful, thought-provoking passage, and just wanted to share it with you. It's discussing when Mary and Joseph brought the Infant Jesus to the temple to be dedicated.
The priest went through the ceremony of his official work. He took the child in his arms, and held it up before the altar. After handing it back to its mother, he inscribed the name “Jesus” on the roll of the first-born. Little did he think, as the babe lay in his arms, that it was the Majesty of heaven, the King of glory. The priest did not think that this babe was the One of whom Moses had written, “A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you.” Acts 3:22. He did not think that this babe was He whose glory Moses had asked to see. But One greater than Moses lay in the priest’s arms; and when he enrolled the child’s name, he was enrolling the name of One who was the foundation of the whole Jewish economy. That name was to be its death warrant; for the system of sacrifices and offerings was waxing old; the type had almost reached its antitype, the shadow its substance. ~The Desire of Ages, by E.G. White.
 Isn't that just beautiful to think about?

2. We had one outstanding day of school this week! We managed to get a lot accomplished. But then the next day my body was in such pain, I could barely move. We did manage to accomplish school, just with not as much gusto as the day before. It'd be so nice if every school day was a high accomplishment day, don't you think?

3. I haven't wanted to say anything, for fear I might "jinx" it, but I am actually losing inches around the waist, thighs, etc.! We have cut out most sweets, processed foods, sodas, etc. I've been drinking more water, with lemon essential oil. I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much weight I may be losing.

4. Thanks to the use of essential oils, I am taking acetaminophen less often. Seriously. Makes me so happy!

5. Hubby took today off work, because he planned to go to Jackson for HAM Fest (amateur radio). He wasn't feeling well, so didn't go after all. He may go tomorrow, though, and then stop in at the hospital to see his mom as well.
The Pebble Pond


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!