Friday, January 24, 2014

Random 5 on Friday, January 24

1. It snowed! Yes, here in the southwest corner of Mississippi, we got a miniscule amount of snow! Not just here; south of us, in Louisiana, they got sleet/snow, too. In fact, parts of I-10 was closed for awhile...and I think is still pretty much emergency travel only.

2. Little Bit began his journey in to Beyond Five in a Row this week, with the book Homer Price. If this first week is any indication, I think he's going to really enjoy himself!

3. My dad had an angiogram done earlier this week. It looks like a couple more stents are in his near future.

4. It's soup weather! This week we've had lentil soup, leftover lentil soup, split pea soup...and have plans to have chili, cauliflower cheese soup, Washington chowder, and perhaps even vegetable soup or Irish stew, sometime over the next few days.

5. Hubby took a (pre-planned) vacation day today, so he was able to stay home and join us for our "snow day."


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I thought about doing Five in a Row. We went the Ambleside Charlotte Mason route!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy Five in a Row!! We've been "Rowing" since May, 2000. :)

      Delete
  2. How fun that hubby got to join your snow day! I wish I liked soup. I like chili and chicken noodle soup but that is about as far as it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda, I didn't used to be that big on soup/stew...but my tastes have changed as I've "aged." ;)

      Delete
  3. I live in a state known for their snow and our new location has had hardly any. A little jealous you have more than us. Enjoy your snow days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Amy....our snow is melting rapidly today. We are lucky if we have a snowfall even once a year, around here.

      Delete
  4. I love hearing about other states and how they handle snow :) I live in MT and we get snow every year and for many months.. Thanks for sharing your video :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, we know Montana! :) I lived there 20+ years, and all four of the kids were born there. One of the reasons I now live in the South! LOL

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!