Sunday, January 26, 2014

Paleo?

P is for Paleo

It seems every where I look online, there is talk about "paleo diet." What comes to your mind when you hear the word, paleo?

From Dictionary.com: Paleo--A prefix that means "prehistoric" (as in paleontology) or "early or primitive" (as in Paleolithic).

Just what does "prehistoric" mean? I mean, do you think of dinosaurs and "cavemen"? But if you believe the Bible, well, prehistoric would be before God created this earth, wouldn't it? Pre Earth history.

But God did create this earth; we can read that account in Genesis 1. And, frankly, the original diet He gave man was fruits, nuts, grains...a plant based diet. (Genesis 1:29,30) Even all the animals had a plant based diet!

You know what? The Bible even says that, in the Earth made new, we'll eat that same plant based diet.  
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. Isaiah 11:7.
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord. Isaiah 65:25.
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Revelation 22:1,2.
So, when I hear "paleo diet," I think of God's original diet. Then I hear the phrase, "clean diet." To me, there is a Biblically clean diet, which is talked about in Deuteronomy 14:3-20 and Leviticus 11:9-12.

I guess you could say that these terms seem somewhat confusing to me. I hope these thoughts will help you take a moment to ponder a moment.

Blogging Through the Alphabet
Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.


To make sure you don’t miss anything, subscribe to Life at Rossmont

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!