This is my first time linking up on the Random 5 on Friday. I guess I'll attempt it, at least randomly! ;-)
1. The kittens are 7 weeks old today. We made an attempt at determining gender. It can be tricky. One of them is going to Jen's best friend (who requested a male). Jen picked out the one she thought is the cutest of the litter.
After doing a bit of researching, online, (because they all looked the same!) it turns out we most likely have 4 males and 1 female. And the female is the one Jen had picked out for her friend! In case you want to have a look at the resources we found: How to Determine the Gender of Your Kitten; Determining Gender of a Kitten.
2. We learned: Color can be your guide.
Occasionally, the fur color of your cat or kitten can give you some indication as to the gender of the kitten.
Tortoiseshell cats (cats with three colors - white, black and orange) are almost always female.
Ginger cats are predominantly male, but can sometimes be female. Ginger is a less-reliable color indicator of feline gender. Pet Informed.
3. It is really time for that donkey to go! He'd like to mate the goats; one of them is ready to be mated. He's so much bigger and stronger than they are, I've been so afraid he will hurt them, by biting at them, kicking at them, chasing them.
4. Apparently our dog is pregnant...in spite of the fact we keep her contained!
5. It seems hummingbird migration is slowly winding down. The past two or three days, we have only had to refill the feeder outside my window twice a day, instead of 4 or 5 times a day!
Link up over at The Pebble Pond.
Pin It Now!