Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Enjoying the Schoolhouse Expo

I certainly have been enjoying the Old Schoolhouse Expo; have you?

The week hasn't been without its frustrations, though. I haven't been able to get in to the GoMeeting on my computer, so I listen on my Kindle Fire HD via the GoMeeting app. I don't get to see the chat box that way, though. And I have to have the volume turned all the way up on my Fire. Even then, it's been a challenge to hear some of the presenters.

On Monday I was able to listen to Marie Rippel (All About Learning Press), who spoke about effective teaching methods for struggling learners. She discussed the acronym: FOCUS. (Sadly, I didn't take notes, so didn't get the information written down; and now I can't remember what FOCUS stands for. I'll just have to wait until they get the recordings up, and available.) While I was listening, I kept thinking about my youngest, who does struggle.

Another presenter I was able to listen to on Monday was Heidi St. John, The Busy Mom. She spoke about homeschooling with babies and toddlers. While I don't have any at home anymore, it was still enjoyable to listen to her speak.

At the suggestion of some friends, I loaded Chrome on to my computer. While I was then able to use GoMeeting on my computer then, it messed up a bunch of other stuff. I ended up removing Chrome, and Firefox. After completely removing them both, my computer was basically back to normal...except for the fact that I lost all my bookmarks!

So I will spend the rest of the week just using my Kindle to "attend" the Expo.

Tuesday evening I was very excited to hear Dean Butler, of Legacy Documentaries. Yes, Dean Butler, who portrayed Almanzo Wilder in the Little House on the Prairie television series. Did you read my recent review from Legacy Documentaries?

My boy is really looking forward to hearing Hope Auer this afternoon. :)

Go here to register for the remainder of the Expo.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!