Thursday, February 14, 2013

V is for Valentine's Day {Blogging Through the Alphabet}

V is for Valentine's Day

Well, today is Valentine's Day, the holiday of love. The day was first associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards.

Frankly, I am fond of hearts; I used to have quite a collection of heart shaped items. And I think roses are one of the most beautiful flowers!

I like showing my family I love them on Valentine's Day, with little gifts or treats...and I like showing them every day of the year!

But it is also nice to pause an extra moment and remember that there is Someone who loves us more than we could imagine.

Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.

Be sure to like Life at Rossmont on Facebook, so you won't miss anything.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!