Sunday, January 27, 2013

S is for Scriptures {Blogging Through the Alphabet}

S is for Scripture

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."~Psalm 119:11, KJV.

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."~2 Timothy 3:15-17, KJV.

One thing I really want my children to do more of this year is work on committing Scripture to memory. Recently I came across a group who will be working on memorizing 100 verses in 2013, using a book by Robert J. Morgan, called 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart.

I know, we area getting a late start, but we'll give it a try! At this point, I plan to write them on index cards, and post them on my magnetic dry erase board, which I have in the dining room. 

Over at Learning at His Feet, the verses will be posted each week. She even has a Facebook group set up, for those who want to join in that way.

Maybe you'd like to join in on this venture!


100 Bible Verses in 2013

Be sure to join the others who are Blogging Through the Alphabet.

Come like Life at Rossmont on Facebook, too, to make sure you won't miss anything.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!