Saturday, January 5, 2013

Nearly-New-Year Birthdays

Sometimes it's the pits having a birthday within the first week of the new year. Mostly, because that means it's usually overlooked, because people haven't changed their calendars yet! ;-)

Another reason is, because it's so close to Christmas. So, either one usually gets "Christmas/birthday" presents, or only Christmas presents! ;-)

But mostly, I am thankful to have a birthday near the beginning of the year, because not only is it a new calendar year, but it's also a new year in my life.

During the first week of the new year, I tend to do a fair amount of reflection over the past year, and determine to make some changes for the coming year.

For example, this year I'd like to make some lifestyle changes, which hopefully will result in improving my health and losing a few (okay, hopefully a LOT) of pounds. I want to feel better physically.

I'd like to spend more time in God's Word, and in sharing His Word with my children, and less time focusing on things in this world.

Another thing I'd really like the kids and I to do is participate in service activities, either around town, or "further afield," if we can find anything.

One thing I am really excited about, which should help with one of the changes I'd like to see us make, is our SDA satellite system arrived yesterday! After Hubby and the boys get it installed, we'll be able to have Christian TV, rather than the not-so-good stuff on the networks. I am praying God will use it to richly bless our home and family!

What are your New Year's resolutions, or goals for 2013? Please share in the comments below. Also, click the button, to take you to the blog link-up, to read some of my friends' plans for the new year.

New Year's Resolutions Button

Come like Life at Rossmont on Facebook, too, to make sure you won't miss anything.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!