Thursday, February 9, 2012

TOS Review: Math Rider

Do your children need help mastering their basic math facts? I know mine do! What funner way to do that, than with an intelligent math game? Math Rider is such a game.

I don't know about you, but we've tried flashcards, and worksheets, and even copywork, to try learning basic math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)...but we still struggle on....So I was really pleased with the opportunity to review Math Rider.

Your child will ride his "horse on noble quests through the magical MathLands. MathRider combines fun math game play with a highly sophisticated question engine that adapts to your child. The game propels your child to mastery of all four math operations using numbers 0 to 12 in record time."


Little Bit has been my main tester. I like that the game moves slowly for him, as his developmental/learning delays make that necessary. I also like the way each operation has four levels of difficulty, from easy to master. Little Bit happened to stay at the easy level in addition, and repeated the quest over and over. Each time he completed that quest, though, he added a new feature to his main screen picture.

Botanist Boy even tried it out, and thought it was pretty cool. I think he had fun seeing how fast he could make the horse go! ;-) (I know I did, when I played it!! LOL)

I have a feeling this is definitely one of those items we will be needing to purchase for ourselves. It's a downloadable program; you'll be able to use it on up to three different computers, and up to 8 users. There's a free 7 day trial, too!

Math Rider is currently $37.00, but the price is scheduled to increase February 15, so you may want to make your purchase quickly! Since it is a computer download, you will want to make sure you check out the system requirements.

Contact Information:




Be sure to see what other members of the Crew have to say about Math Rider here.

*****************
As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!