Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TOS Review: CollegePrep Genius


One of the most intimidating parts about homeschooling through the high school years, is preparing your student for that ACT or SAT. At least, that is what I have discovered! Add to that the fact, we need to find a test center that will offer the test other than Saturday!

Then again, I'm not sure who's been more stressed about it: Teen Girl, or her mother! ;)

I have been grateful for our opportunity to check out the CollegePrep Genius SAT Prep Course DVD set. Although we have been preparing for the ACT rather than the SAT, I figured that some of the test-taking strategies presented in these DVDs would prove useful in Teen Girl's preparations.

The SAT Prep DVD set contains the College Prep Genius Second Edition Textbook, College Prep Genius Second Edition  Workbook, College Prep Genius Second Edition set of 4 DVDs containing a total of 12 lessons.

The 12 lessons cover:

Lesson 1 – Introduction to the SAT
Lesson 2 – Critical Reading – Long Passage
Lesson 3 – Critical Reading – Short and Dual Passage
Lesson 4 – Critical Reading – Sentence Completion
Lesson 5 – Math – Mulitple Choice
Lesson 6 – Math – Multiple Choice Practice Problems and Answers
Lesson 7 – Math – Student Response
Lesson 8 – Math – Student Response Practice Problems and Answers
Lesson 9 – Writing – The Essay
Lesson 10 – Writing – The Essay
Lesson 11 – Writing – Sentence Error
Lesson 12 – Writing Improving Sentences and Improving Paragraphs
Many students simply don’t understand the strategies and logic behind these standardized tests. These exams test more than just a student’s ability to answer questions; they test time-management skills, logical aptitude and much more. COLLEGE PREP GENIUS helps students pinpoint weak areas of the test by emphasizing the strategic and logical approach to taking the SAT.


Now, I will admit, I am kind of torn on this whole thing. While I see the importance of taking these tests, and doing well (because the better the score, the better the student's chances of scholarships, etc., for college--and we certainly could use all the financial help we can get, since hubby and I can't help with any of the expenses ourselves), there's a part of me that just plain doesn't like emphasizing it so strongly. It just seems like it would overwhelming pressure on my student, and make her terribly nervous. Believe me, I'm really not sure I am ready to have my son begin this process next year, when he enters only 7th grade!

If you have students heading in to the high school years, whether they are homeschooling or not, and are looking for a way to help them prepare for the SAT, this will definitely be worth looking in to!

The complete program is only $99.00. That's 25% off the original price. There is a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the College Prep Genius program, you can send it back within the first 30 days and you will receive your money back. That is a zero risk for you. Also check out their Vocabcafe Series of books.

Contact Information:

Website

Email: info@collegeprepgenius.com

Address:
College Prep Genius
P.O. Box 398
Hurst, TX 76053

Phone: 81-SAT-2-PREP (817-282-7737)

Facebook
Twitter

Check out what my fellow Crew mates have to say about CollegePrep Genius by clicking the banner below.


*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!