Sunday, October 9, 2011

TOS Review: Scruble Cube




Do you like word games, like Scrabble?

Admittedly, I am a word person. Always have been. When I was in elementary school (church school, where my parents taught), my mother had a program called Spelling Stars. To be a Spelling Star, one could not miss more than 5 words a semester on the weekly spelling tests. There may have been one semester, during grades 2-8, that I was not on the Spelling Star list.
Also admittedly, I had hoped that at least one of my four children would have "inherited" that same knack for words from either their grandmother, or their mother. But, alas! no such "luck"! ;)

When I saw Scruble Cube, I thought maybe this would be a way to spark at least some interest! ;)
The Scruble Cube is a lot like Scrabble....in a Rubik's Cube! Each letter tile has a point value, just like in Scrabble. Also each letter can twist and turn, so that all letters in a word will face the same direction. At first our cube moved a little stiffly, but as we use it more, it loosens up.


My children have mixed emotions about Scruble Cube. They don't really care to play it as a game, trying to make words, using the timer and keeping score. They prefer playing with it on an individual basis, and will sit and play with it that way for quite awhile.

It seems like a pretty handy little game/toy to carry along with us, to play with in the waiting room while Little Bit is in therapy. Or later this month when we make a trip to Tennessee for Teen Girl to check out the Seventh-day Adventist university, we can take it, to play with in the car.

It is a great way to improve one's spelling. There are other lesson ideas you can download, too. If you use up you pad of score sheets, you can download more of those, as well! Don't worry if you lose the directions, because those can also be downloaded! :)

Scruble Cube is available for purchase from the Scruble Cube website for $24.95.  The set includes one cube, with 96 individually rotating letters, a sand timer, score pad, and instructions.

Contact Information:

Website

Phone: 800-749-8920
Fax: 813-971-1549                                                          

Address:
RSV Productions Inc
10014 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Suite 101
Tampa, FL 33618

Facebook

To read what other Crew mates have to say about Scruble Cube, click the banner below.



*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you included a personal picture! We preferred the cube in the same way - more for one to play and challenge ourselves. I'm stopping by from the Crew and now I'm a follower. I hope you'll stop my blog too.

    Blessings,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!