Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday

It seems that lately, I manage only to get this in about once a month! :p For some reason, when Friday rolls around, I forget all about the Five Question Friday! Hoping and praying I can get myself better organized again....

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

While I will admit that I rarely write in cursive myself anymore, my children's grandmothers write letters to them in cursive. I think it is important for my children to both learn to read and write cursive! I want them to be able to read, for themselves, the letters from their grandmothers. I want them to be able to read, for themselves, copies of the original founding documents of this country, such as the Declaration of Independence, or even the few precious letters I've saved from my grandparents. Frankly, I would like at least one of them to learn the beautiful art of Calligraphy.

While I didn't formally teach my older two to write cursive, I did make sure they could at least decipher it. I plan to push it a little more with my younger two. I think it is important that each of my children can actually sign his/her name in cursive.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

I don't have a smart phone, but I can make notes on my cell phone. I do have a calendar on it, as well. Frankly, my computer calendar is used way more than the phone calendar! But I still do write things like grocery lists on pieces of paper. I do a lot of homeschool planning on paper, as well.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)

Scrapbooks/photos
As many books as possible
Perhaps at least my computer "tower"

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

Very definitely country!!

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

The Amazing Race. It would be absolutely wonderful to see the world, teamed up with either my hubby, or one of my two oldest children.

To read more Five Question Friday responses, go here.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!