Monday, April 11, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~12



In my life this week...

My high school class reunion took place, so I traveled to Tennessee for that. Also took Teenager to tour Southern. So now we will be making further plans to enroll him there.

I did not enjoy the long drive. I really didn't much enjoy all the walking all over the campus. But I did enjoy learning about the university and what it has to offer, and I'm enjoying watching my son respond to this big decision he has to make.

More than that, I enjoyed seeing my classmates and other schoolmates. I enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxation at the lodge. And the various services we attended were really what I needed. The messages spoke to my heart!

In our homeschool this week...

Homeschool was placed on the back burner, due to our travel plans.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

As I already said: Tennessee. Southern and Laurelbrook. Classmates, schoolmates, school staff who have been there many years.

My favorite thing this week was...

Listening to the Emmanuel Quartet! Awesome!!

What's working/not working for us...

The break was good for all of us!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Now we will see "the rubber hit the road"....we'll see if Teenager is truly actually ready to enter college. Have I been a successful education facilitator?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

This is the view from the lodge at which we stayed this past weekend. It's always hard to leave when it is time to head home....

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I am stopping by from the Blog Walk.

    I am now following you. I think I might have been already

    You can find me here:

    http://trainingchildrenupforchrist.blogspot.com/

    AND

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Training-Children-up-for-Christ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!