Saturday, April 2, 2011

Five Question Friday, 4-1-11

1. Have you ever had surgery?

Yes, I have.

Appendectomy when I was a single mom the first time, and my two oldest children were not yet 2 and 4 (and I was still nursing my daughter). My appendix ruptured, and it was a couple days before I even went to see a doctor. I guess you could say, it is actually a miracle I am still alive even; that's how serious that infection was.

My second surgery was on my ear. They replaced my stirrup. It did greatly improve my hearing. Too bad I can't have it done on my other ear....

Third surgery: tubes tied.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?

Yep. Had to go by ambulance when my appendix ruptured.

Another ambulance ride was with my daughter, after the man who became my second husband slipped on ice while carrying her. She cracked her head on the ice; fractured skull and concussion.

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?

Calm on the outside, usually; panicked on the inside!

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?

Yes! Both! And I have been taking pictures like crazy of the flowers!!


5. When did you move out of your parents house?

After I married the first time. Moved from their house in Kansas, to Montana, where my husband worked as a ranch hand.

Read what others have to say on Five Question Friday.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You are the second person in a row with an appendectomy for a surgery! Funny, how I think a lot of these "medical" questions were spurred by my Belle's appendicitis!

    Glad you pulled through...crazy what we mama's can brush off when we've got our kids to care for!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!