Saturday, February 26, 2011

Five Question Friday--February 25, 2011

 I'm trying out a new meme I came across. And as seems typical for me lately, I am posting a day late! :p Hopefully I can get into the schedule of it soon....This meme is hosted over at My Little Life.

1. Can you drive a stick shift?

Yes, I can! It's been awhile, but I know I can still do it. When my first husband and I married, he had a Chevy truck, which was stick shift. I didn't drive very much, but it was possible for me to do it.

In fact, I think my first father-in-law taught me how to drive a stick shift, on their old 1960-something Chevy pickup!

When I was a single mom the first time, I had no vehicle, at all. One of my friends would let me borrow her little car, when I needed to go to Great Falls to do my grocery shopping. It was a stick shift. I got to be pretty good at shifting! ;-)

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?

I cannot eat mushrooms. Not because I don't like them, because I do like them, very much! But I am allergic to them; they will make me very ill.

The other is cow's milk, if you want to count it as a food. It will also make me ill....

Can't/won't eat dead carcasses, either! ;-) Nope, not a meat eater. Which makes it challenging, being married to a carnivore! ;-) And, quite literally, I have to hibernate to my bedroom, with the door closed, and windows open, when he (or my oldest son) is cooking meat. Ugh!

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?

Nope. I have a few times in the past. But I don't know any Girl Scouts. They don't come asking me if I want to buy any. But I do know I like the Thin Mints.

4. How do you pamper yourself?

*Snort!* Pamper myself? What's that?

5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?

My childhood nickname is Winnie Pooh, or just Pooh, thanks to my dad. In fact, he still used it, up until just a few years ago (probably till about my mid-forties). Every once in awhile, it might still "slip out"....

Hubby calls me "Babe" often.

My kids call me Mommy....well, the teenagers have shortened it to "Mom" now....

Other nicknames I have had (all variations of the name Wendy): Winnie, Winnifred, Wendyl, Windy, Windmill......



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!