Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~6



In my life this week...

Frankly, I felt like a chauffeur this week! With the cost of gasoline rising, I don't like that feeling! :p

But I enjoyed spotting some of the early signs of spring, and capturing some of them in photos.
In our homeschool this week...

This week has been kind of a "coasting" week, sort of an "in between" week. In between Download N Go units. So we focused on computer schooling. Plus we had two more "travel days" than we usually have.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Took a shopping trip on Monday, since Teenager had the day off, and he "needed" to do some shopping. At least he was kind enough to treat us to Taco Bell for supper! ;)

Okay, by now you know, we have therapy day on Tuesdays. Yep. Every Tuesday. Same story....

Wednesday we attended Keepers of the Home meeting with the homeschool group. The girls learned about and worked on menu planning. I think it was a good experience for Teen Girl, because it gave her the chance to meet some other teen girls. It gave mom a chance to visit with some other homeschooling moms. And the little guys even got to meet another little guy....

My favorite thing this week was...

Photographing some of the signs of spring.

What can I say? I love spring! I love photographing! Perfect combination!

What's working/not working for us...

Ah! Botany Boy has finally gotten hooked on BigIQKids! When he realized how far ahead of him Little Bit is (because Little Bit has been using it consistently for a longer period of time), he began scrambling to catch up! LOL (Be sure to stay tuned for my review of BigIQKids later on....Being a part of the TOS Crew has been such a big blessing for us this school year!)

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I discovered this week that I will pretty much have no homeschool budget for next year. My daughter has one more year of high school, and there are a few things I need to purchase for her yet.

We are planning to use The Human Body: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made for science. We need Are You Liberal? Conservative? Confused? and Whatever Happened to Justice? to assist with US Government. And she needs Life of Fred Advanced Algebra.

Does anyone have any of these resources I could borrow, or purchase? I would be thrilled! And more appreciative than I can say.....

I would like to have the Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology for the boys, too. I don't feel quite as urgent about that for them, though. I feel more confident "making do with what I have" at their level, than at the high school level!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...



To read more Homeschool Mother's Journals click the button at the top of this post. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!