Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal~2


In my life this week.....

Tuesday was a really busy day; I'll tell you more about it in a moment. Otherwise, I mostly spent the week on homeschooling, housekeeping, and writing reviews. Blogging was an enjoyable part of the week, too, as well as photographing.

In our homeschool this week.....

Little Bit and I finished up Magnificent Moon. He has become so much more aware of the moon. That's been fun! I find it humorous that his studying the moon, astronauts, etc., has triggered a desire in Botany Boy to learn more about space, astronauts, etc.! So he has picked up a bunch of books from the library.

Wednesday we celebrated Australia Day, sort of. We made Australian Damper, and Lamingtons. Yummy! You can see photos here. We also worked at putting the finishing touches on our Australia lapbooks.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Monday I received a phone call from the orthodontist's office, informing me Teen Girl had an appointment the next morning. Tuesday morning hubby informed me he was going to come along, so he could see the chiropractor.

It turned out to be quite a busy day! Teen Girl ended up getting braces on that day. Hubby got in to see the chiropractor. Little Bit had therapy. We even managed to fit in grocery shopping, a trip to the library, and picking up diabetes supplies for Teen Girl.

The rest of the week was fairly quiet, and travel free.

My favorite thing this week was...

Photographing. I am having so much fun, learning more of the things I can do with my little camera. You can see some of my photographs here, and here.

I also enjoyed the Lamingtons. I think we will make them again, soon.

What's working/not working for us...

I've begun to think that all the cutting-out that's required for the lapbooks we are trying to do, for history/geography, science, and the Download N Go units gets a little overwhelming for us all, especially the boys. Teen Girl seems to enjoy it all, though...

The online math program is definitely working for Botany Boy, and the online Spanish and online reading programs are certainly a hit with Little Bit!!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I need to have some of the pressure removed, pressure to accomplish such and such an amount of school work. I'd like for us to be able to relax a bit more, lean more toward delight-directed, like we were when my older two were about the ages the younger two are now. I know that when learning is more relaxed, the kids actually learn and retain more. Doing some earnest praying over this situation...

A photo to share...

This is hard! I am involved in several photo memes/challenges, so it seems I am taking several pictures a day most days. So, trying to decide which one to share....is challenging! ;-)


He fell asleep on my bed while watching a PBS program about NASA.


To read more Homeschool Mothers' Journals, click the button at the top of this post.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!