Monday, January 31, 2011

Memoir Monday--Week 18

I almost forgot about this meme this week....Sounds like a fun one, too.

Where did you go on your first date?

To be honest, I never was much in to the whole "dating" thing. Not as a teen, or before my first marriage. Not before my second or third marriages, either. (And the fact that there have been more than one marriage is a topic unto itself!!)

Hubby and I met online, in a chat room on a Christian singles site. It was several months before we met in person, and we had our kids with us. So the first time we met, we didn't "go on a date."

The second time we met in person we met in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Again, we had our kids with us. Because I wasn't comfortable leaving them alone at the condo alone, I had made arrangements for my best from high school to come watch the kids for a few hours, so John and I could go on a date. ;-)

We went out to eat, then took a drive in a part of the Smokies I didn't know about before then. It was nice, to spend time together, just talking, and enjoying nature. When we arrived back at my friend's motel room, the three of us stood outside talking for quite awhile, while the kids watched TV in the room.

Do you still remember your first love?

Yes. Don't most of us? ;-) He was the brother of my best friend from middle school. He was two grades ahead of us, and in my mother's class. It was heart breaking when we moved away. We wrote for awhile, then he basically "broke up" with me.

Later, when I was in high school and he was in college, he started writing to me regularly again. The college he attended was only an hour or so from where I was attending boarding school. Sometimes I still wonder "what if...." now and then, but rarely anymore.


**************************
Please stay tuned for more episodes of Memoir Mondays!
 
 
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I remember thinking "what if" for a while. Now that we're older, I see that it wasn't meant to be. We both lead very different lives. I'm glad I got to see how he turned out. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!