Thursday, November 11, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge--Day 11

Today is Veteran's Day (Remembrance Day in Canada). I am very grateful to all the veterans who have served our country, as well as to all the men and women currently serving.

I know my mother's brother was in the army, in Korea. I believe one or two of my dad's brothers were in the military, as well. My husband's father served in Korea, too.

I actually have a son old enough now who's old enough to be in the military; so I am especially grateful to those who are serving in his stead. And who knows, maybe he will one day serve, anyway.

Today I want to especially say thank you to some of my son's peers: Scotty, and Lacey (whom I love like my own son and daughter). Scotty is currently in Kuwait. My husband's stepsons (from his first marriage): Chase and Wesley. Wes is currently in Afghanistan. These four are always in my prayers, and serve to represent all the other men and women currently serving, every time I pray.

How I look forward to the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, when there will be no more war, no more death, or sorrow or crying. That day is drawing very near! Then the universal battle against sin will be over!!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I have nothing to add, just complete agreement, and immeasurable thanks for those who have served.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!