Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog 30 Days of Diabetes--Day 7

Daylight Savings – Daylight Savings ended today, so you got an extra hour of sleep! Some people will need to adjust their insulin pump clocks, others may simply change the clocks on their wall. Does an hour change affect your diabetes management?

YES! I actually did sleep in!! Woke at 6:30, rather than 5:30...."old time" 5:30 instead of 4:30 (or even earlier).... LOL!

My daughter is not on a pump; she seems reluctant to get one, although I think it would be to her benefit. Her blood sugars tend to run a bit high most of the time, and I think the pump would help keep it more on an even keel.

I'm sure the time change will affect our management to some extent; she will probably want to eat earlier, etc. Her Lantus dose will probably need to be taken earlier, and gradually moved to later (come to think of it, we probably should have begun that process this past week! Ah, well....). Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!