Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel.....maybe.....

Two weeks ago today we left home, to spend some time with my mom, so she wouldn't be alone...What a fortnight it has been!!

Some time last week, we learned that my cousin was doing much better, and was ready to get back to her home! The plan was she and my dad would head out Monday morning, and arrive at my folks' Tuesday.

Friday afternoon, I picked up my van from the shop; drove it into town to put gasoline in it.  A little later, I drove it to pick up my daughter, at her friend's house, and it began doing the exact same thing it was doing before it went into the shop!!! I was ready to throw in the towel!!

The next night when I went to go to bed (in a hot motorhome, with no AC and just a fan blowing....), I discovered my bed swarming with ants!!! That was just too much for me!! I was ready to start walking home!.....I wanted to just sit in a corner and cry! Slept on couch-bed with daughter, since we sprayed everything in there....

Monday, took van back to mechanic. Dad and cousin arrived that evening. Next morning he ran errands, including going to shop, ordering the part the mechanic "discovered" it needed (very similar to what we had originally been told before we even arrived here), and tending to the problem with the AC. Then in the afternoon he and my cousin headed to her place.....and shortly after that, both the breaker for the AC, and the main breaker in the motorhome, went out.....So, no power in the motorhome what so ever!!! Oh, yay!!

So, last night we slept in the living room...boys on the floor, daughter and I in recliners.....recliner very NOT comfortable!! Same thing tonight....

Today was my mom's birthday, so we at least had the privilege of spending the day with her....Tomorrow my parents celebrate 54 years of marriage.....

But....tomorrow is a new day! Tomorrow my dad will get back home....and perhaps my van will be done....Maybe we can head home the day after that!! Looking forward to being back home, and crawling into my bed!! I even miss my own computer! ;-) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!