Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pearson Homeschool-enVision Math {Schoolhouse Review Crew}

Math. You know by now it is our most challenging subject in this home school...My most challenging subject, both when I was in school, and now as I homeschool my children. It feels like I was always searching for the right "fit" for my oldest two.

Well, math happens to be my youngest's favorite subject. When he saw the cover of the enVision Math text, he was excited! When he opened the book, and saw the vibrant illustrations, he remained excited.



enVision Math is brought to us by Pearson Homeschool. This bundle comes with hardcover textbook, electronic teacher's edition (on CD-ROM), and MindPoint Quiz Show (on disc), which is an interactive multimedia game.

From the website: "Envision a math program that engages your child as it strengthens their understanding of math. enVisionMATH uses problem based interactive learning and visual learning to deepen conceptual understanding. It incorporates bar diagram visual tools to promote problem-solving skills, and it provides data-driven differentiated instruction to ensure success. The best part is that this success is proven by independent, scientific research."

Some of the topics covered:
  • Numeration
  • Adding Whole Numbers
  • Subtraction Number Sense
  • Multiplication Meanings and Facts
  • Division Meanings
  • Patterns and Relationships
  • Solids and Shapes
  • Understanding Fractions
  • Decimals and Money
  • Perimeter, Area, and Volum
  • Time and Temperature
  • Data, Graphs, and Probability
The Electronic Teacher's Edition contains the teacher's book in electronic format, as well as printable worksheets, which have the same problems as the student text. You will also find differentiated instruction, with leveled activities.

I like the leveled activities, because Little Bit, with his delays, needs the "intervention" level activities. Even though the illustrations in the student are brilliant, I still brought out our manipulatives for my kinesthetic learner.

Now, admittedly, Little Bit is not quite to third grade level, even though technically, that is the grade he is going in to for the 2012-2013 school year. But I think we'll be using this for the school year, as long as I have the manipulatives on hand that we would need.

Members of the Crew also reviewed various levels of: Reading Street, My World Social Studies, and MyMath Lab Algebra, so be sure to check out the rest of the reviews!


Pricing:

Reading Street bundles: $124.99
enVisionMATH bundles: $99.99
myWorld Social Studies bundles: $69.99
MyMathLab Student + Parent: $49.97 + $30.00

Contact Information:

Website
Email

Be sure to check out what my Crew Mates have to say about the various Pearson Homeschool products here.


*****************  
Disclaimer: As a Schoolhouse Review Crew blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!