Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TOS Review: Mad Dog Math

Math. Again. ;-) I've said it several times this past year: We don't really like math much around here; it is definitely our weakest subject.

While I have been thankful to see several math products arriving for our review, I'm not so sure my children have as thankful. ;-) But you know, and I know, how necessary and important math is, and the importance of math drill.

Mad Dog Math is a fun, easy way to meet the need for math drill.

From the website:

Mad Dog Math is a supplement to any math curriculum used in any classroom, home school setting, or any home situation. The basic facts are a very small piece of the academic pie, but a crucial piece for future success as children move on to higher levels of math.

We’ve taken the basic facts and broken them down into bite-sized pieces that any child can master. A child progresses through a series of timed drills at his own pace. With each success comes confidence; with confidence comes more success. Students, for the first time, feel empowered by their gained knowledge and are not intimidated by math ever again. Where students once said, “Math is hard; I hate math!”, they now say, “Math is easy; math is fun!”


Some of the essentials of Mad Dog Math:

  • Enables children to master their +, -, x, and ÷ facts in a fun challenging, exciting, and motivating way

  • Math supplement for any math curriculum

  • For grades Kindergarten through 5th; remedial middle school and high school

  • Standard, daily 10 minute time commitment from start to finish

  • Huge body of math facts broken down into bite-sized pieces any child can master



Even though I like the concept of this program, and like how it works (especially the fact that, when you enter your answer, you don't have to hit "enter"...it automatically moves to the next problem), I had a difficult time getting my boys to use Mad Dog Math. Botanist Boy's "complaint" was that it didn't offer any "rewards"! I guess he is the kind of kid who needs "rewards" for motivation! (sigh) ;-) Little Bit, with his delays, I think it was just a little beyond him...but I think soon he would be doing well with it.

I like the fact, too, that you don't have to print off pages of drills, since it is computer-based. Saves ink!

Be sure to check it out for yourself. You may find it a "fit" for your family!

Pricing:
Downloadable Software-1 year license $19.99
Downloadable Software-2 year license $29.99
Downloadable Software-Perpetual license $39.99
CD-ROM Home School Mastery Program $69.99
Home School Mastery Binder $69.99

Contact information:

Website: Mad Dog Math

Mailing Address:
Mad Dog Math
4562 Ocana Avenue
Lakewood, CA 90713

Phone:
(562) 533-5772

E-mail:
julie@maddogmath.com
Be sure to read more reviews; click the banner below.


*****************

As a review blogger, I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!