Thursday, September 30, 2010

TOS Review: Zoe and Sozo Publishing



When I discovered I was on the list to receive and review one of the books from Zoe and Sozo Publishing, I must admit I was plagued with mixed emotions. At first glance, these books appear to be fantastical. I have never been too fond of the fantasy genre, and really haven't promoted it to my children.

After further research, I see that it appears to be almost a mixture of fantasy and historical fiction. The author refers to the books of The Peleg Chronicles as: Young Earth Dragon Fiction, Leviathan Literature, or Creation Fiction. The Peleg Chronicles are set in the time period shortly after the destruction of the Tower of Babel.























The Foundlings is book one of the series. In it we are introduced to Lord McDougal; his faithful shield-bearer, Fergus Leatherhead; Thiery, a young orphan boy; his white wolf, Horatio; and a young girl, Suzie. They face dragons, giants, dwarves, and Dragon Priests. Paladins is the second book of The Peleg Chronicles.  The Paladins are the courageous protectors of the weak, and a light to those that would seek their demise. Book three should be available, "Lord willing," in May, 2011.


They can be purchased for $11.95 each here. There is also available a Chronology Chart from Adam to Joseph, for $5.00 not laminated, or laminated for $7.50.










I must admit, I am still in the process of reading the book myself. It was another one of those items that arrived while we were out of town in August. My 17 year old daughter started it....read only the first chapter so far. My 12 year old step daughter started it; but she is only here on weekends. I just now handed it to my 19 year old son; maybe he will get through it before I will, because it is probably a genre that will interest him more than me. I actually think my step daughter will like it, too. I'm sure you and your children will enjoy reading The Peleg Chronicles, too.



Be sure to read more reviews, by my fellow TOS Crew members here.





***************************


As a review blogger,  I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question.





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!