Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Salamader Room, and other nature things

This week we are Rowing The Salemander Room.  Today on our walk, I asked the kids to see if they could find any reptiles or amphibians.  We didn't during the walk; but later, while the kids were playing outside, Daniel came racing in to say they had seen a snake out in the back yard--a black racer.  And tonight we discovered a little tree frog had taken up residence on the bathroom door in the garage, behind Steven's frog towel!

On Sunday, while we were eating lunch, Jennifer discovered a raccoon in the tree behind the house.  We watched it for quite awhile from the dining room window.  He was trying to decide how to get to the food in the bird feeder!

Here is a picture of him:

The raccoon on the bird feeder
Also on Sunday, we had our own Easter egg hunt in the back yard.  While we were hunting eggs, I got a picture of this creature:

Lizard


We see quails come through often.  And I also saw a fox in the yard yesterday.  It is nice to be here; the wildlife makes it worthwhile!!  But please pray we can get into a house of our own soon!!  Thanks!!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. on going back to school to work on that degree. I went back at about your age and studied art and music for a couple of years. I have a lot of hours but still in the first 2 years lever. :-( I thought often about getting that degree but at this age, think I will just enjoy the doing art, etc. Your major sounds very interesting.

    I enjoyed the pictures. And the children are lovely!

    I found your sight on Random Blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!