Friday, October 15, 2010

TOS Review: Soli Deo Gloria Resources



I find it amazing, the way God works. At the beginning of the year (meaning, January, 2010), I determined that I wanted my children to learn more about the history of the christian church; the history of the translation of the Bible; and learn about the great reformers. Second semester last year, we did cover some of that. But the Lord is still providing opportunities for us to learn more.


It was a pleasant discovery to find my name on the list of The Old Schoolhouse review crew to use and review a unit study from Soli Deo Gloria Resources about William Tyndale.



God's Smuggler was written by Kim Kargbo and is a unit study developed for all ages. I am using it with my first grader, fifth grader, and eleventh grader. I say, "am using..." because we are still working on the unit....thanks to a virus or whatever that has struck our household!! :p This is designed to be a week long unit study, but can be "stretched out" longer if you wish (which is often what happens to us, anyway!)

I like that there is a list of possible videos to be used. There is also a list of books. We were able to get several of the books from the library, and are able to rent all of the suggested videos. We always enjoy using videos to enhance our learning experiences!

Along with studying William Tyndale, the role he played in translating the Bible into English, and some other people involved in his life, and what life was like during the 16th century, other topics covered are: the plague, the printing press, and artists of that time (Da Vinci and Michelangelo). There are vocabulary words, and copywork suggestions, as well.

This unit study can be purchased in ebook format at Soli Deo Gloria Resources, $8.00. Be sure to stop by the TOS Crew Blog, to read what other crew mates have written about products from Soli Deo Gloria Resources.



***************************


As a review blogger,  I am provided a free copy of the book, curriculum or product to test and use in order to write an honest review. I receive no other compensation and the opinions I share are my own and not influenced by the company in question.




(Temporary disclaimer: if this sounds incomplete, it is because my internet service "went on the blink" before I was able to complete it; and I have it set to post at a certain time....I will revise it when I have the chance....probably in the middle of the night, when internet is up and running again, properly!! LOL)

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds MOST interesting! Thanks for sharing--I want to check this one out for Long Leaf Academy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. Thanks!